Thu, 21 Mar|
MAB1 - Manual Approach to the Brain 1 - COURSE FULL email for waitlist
• The structural approach is aimed at the vascular, nervous, meningeal, ocular, barometric, and cerebrospinal fluid circulation systems. • The functional approach explores the sense of smell, hearing, sight, language, coordination, proprioception, emotions, etc. Taught by Christoph Sommer
Time & Location
21 Mar 2024, 8:20 am – 23 Mar 2024, 3:30 pm
Christchurch, 75 Peterborough Street, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
About The Event
# Course full - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to go on the waitlist for this course
Sign in & welcome will be between 8:15am and 8:45am on the first day of class. Subsequent class hours are 9:00am to approximately 5:15pm daily, and the last day will be from 8:00am or 8:30am to approximately 3:30pm. (** Please note the earlier finish time on the last day to accommodate flights home **)
The brain has always fascinated the medical community and scientists. The various investigative tools of the brain have made exceptional progress. For example, functional MRI can highlight not only structural but also functional problems. Even so, the brain has remained a mystery despite all the research for which it has been a subject.
Jean-Pierre Barral has been interested in the brain for over forty years. After treating many people with head trauma, stroke, brain diseases, and psychomotor disabilities, he has developed original techniques to help these patients. All the while remaining humble while working with this amazing cerebral mass that is capable of thinking.
The course is organized into two parts, a structural approach and a functional approach:
- The structural approach is aimed at the vascular, nervous, meningeal, ocular, barometric, and cerebrospinal fluid circulation systems.
- The functional approach explores the sense of smell, hearing, sight, language, coordination, proprioception, emotions, etc.
- As usual with Barral’s seminars, there will be extensive time spent on precise hands-on treatment.
Prerequisite: - VM1 or NM1 & LT1
- Manual Therapy Approach to the Brain; Volume 1. Written By Jean-Pierre Barral, DO, MRO(F), PT.
- Visceral Manipulation by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO and Pierre Mercier.
- Trauma: An Osteopathic Approach by Jean-Pierre Barral, RPT, DO.
- Visceral Vascular Manipulations by Jean-Pierre Barral, DO. A
- Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter, MD, and/or
- A Regional Atlas of the Human Body by Carmine Clemente.
** Photography Disclaimer **
Barral NZ may take photos in class to use for promotional purposes.
The photos are modest and no sensitive areas of a body are photographed. The course attendee must advise upon booking if they do not consent or wish to be included in the photos.
Book - Brain Volume 1
This ticket is to purchase the Manual Therapy Approach to the Brain - Volume 1 book, which is required reading for The Brain course.$225.00